As of Monday, March 22, the entire state of Washington entered Phase 3 of Gov. Inslee’s “Healthy Washington Roadmap to Recovery” plan. This means there are more changes to campus operations as we continue to manage through the pandemic.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- The University Recreation Center has increased its capacity to 50 percent for students and relaxed the time restrictions. Basketball courts and lockers can now be utilized. Please visit the URC website for more details.
- Students can dine together in the PUB under protocols established consistent with Gov. Inslee’s guidelines for restaurants. There are now 10 people allowed at a table (as opposed to just two in Phase 2). Groups are no longer limited to students residing in the same residence hall.
- EWU Libraries will begin opening more sections to students starting spring quarter.
- Epic Adventures is now offering overnight trips with proof of a negative Covid test, while providing limited-capacity transportation to students in need.
- SAIL events are expanding to allow for increased capacity. Club sports also are continuing.
- Event Planning is able to offer catering for business meetings.
- Athletics is permitted to allow up to 25 percent capacity at Roos Field for football games. Eastern will only provide student-athletes and coaching staff with two non-transferable tickets for each home event for family members. A limited number of students will also be allowed to attend games. In addition, Eastern parking lots will continue to be closed to the general public and no pre-game tailgating or overnight parking will be allowed. Please visit goeags.com for updated information.
Visit the Coronavirus Preparedness page for the latest information, as the university will keep posting updates as it learns more about Phase 3 impacts. Remember classes remain primarily online through the end of the academic year. Please continue to follow public health guidelines.