University Recreation Center
*UPDATED Wednesday, April 7th, 2021*
Employees, Alumni, and Community members will be allowed back in the facility starting THURSDAY, MARCH 4th, 2021!
We will begin reactivation of memberships and rented lockers that were put on hold during the time lost due to closures.
Day Passes and new memberships will also be available for purchase.
-Open amenities are the Fitness Center (200 people) and the Climbing Wall (3 people).
-Fitness Center: 8am - 8pm Climbing Wall: 10am - 7pm
-Day use lockers are now available. Please practice social distancing while waiting for a locker.
-Locker rooms and showers are available.
-Please show up in your workout attire if possible.
-Covid-19 safety measures and social distancing will remain in place.
The URC is a Three-Level 117,699 sq. ft. Recreational Facility. Designed for students, faculty, staff and the community. The URC serves as the premier hub for student life and community health and wellness activities.
Costs and Fees
All-Access Day Pass $11.00
Arena-Only Day Pass $8.00
Climbing Wall-Only Day Pass $8.00
Ice Rental $265 per hour
WE NOW OFFER SKATE SHARPENING!
Skate Sharpening $10.00
New Steel Sharpening $20.00
- Individual - Monthly $46.00 / Annually $473.00
- Family - Monthly $69.00 / Annually $713.00
*Employee Payroll Deduction Available.
- Individual - Monthly $57.00 / Annually $640.00
- Family - Monthly $98.00 / Annually $1,028.00
EWU Student Summer Pass (for students not enrolled) $48.50
Non-Credit Group Exercise (URC membership not required) $46.00 - unlimited access (classes held in PEA 270)
- Student - Quarter $13.00 / Academic Year $23.00
- Employee - Quarter $20.00 / Academic Year $57.00
Locker rentals are only available to student and employees with current memberships.
URC Activities and Services
WINTER 21' Hours of Operation
M-F: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
• 19,455 sq. ft. Multi-purpose Arena (Ice Rink > Sport Floor)
• Arena Seating Capacity: 1000 (Spectator Seating), 3000+/- (Floor Events)
• URC Customer Service Counter (URC Skate Desk)
• Leisure Lobby Area with tables & chairs
• EPIC Adventures Outdoor Program
• 30 foot Indoor Climbing Wall
• Men's and Women's Student Locker Rooms
• Men's and Women's Faculty/Staff Locker Rooms
• 335 Multi-size Lockers; 195 Day-use Only & 140 Rentals
• 4 Arena-Use Locker Rooms
• URC Administrative Offices
• Indoor Parking Garage (40 Metered Spaces)
• 17,000 sq. ft. Fitness Center
• "The ROOST" Dining Area
• Lobby Area
• URC Tenant Offices (Campus Recreation & Health, Wellness and Prevention Services)
• Cardio Area of the Fitness Center
• 2-Lane 200 Meter Running Track
A Joint University + Student Partnership
This $26.3 million facility is jointly funded by the University and our students. $28.6 million in revenue bonds were issued by the University in order to build the facility and pay the costs of issuance. The University funds the center's annual operating costs as part of its general operating budget. The Eastern student body will pay off the bonds over time through the implementation of a $65 per quarter activity fee.