University Recreation Center
UPDATE (Oct. 23st, 2020):
The Climbing Wall is Closed Friday, October 23rd.
The University Recreation Center is open to currently enrolled EWU students by appointment only.
-Open amenities are the Fitness Center (20 people) and the Climbing Wall (4 people). The Arena is not yet open.
-Students must log on to the EWU Fusion Portal to schedule specified workout times.
-Once logged in, select PROGRAMS, then either CLIMBING WALL ACCESS or FITNESS ACCESS to choose your option.
-PLEASE!!! If you CANNOT make your scheduled workout, call or email us so we can release the spot for additional reservations!
-Lockers and locker rooms are also unavailable at this time. Please show up in your workout attire.
-Access to the Fitness Center is via the Elm St. entrance ONLY.
-Access to the Climbing Wall is via the lower east entrance ONLY.
-PARKING & ADA ACCESS: The URC Parking Garage is open. No public access into the facility will be permitted. If you have a disability & have a scheduled workout, you can call either the Fitness Center 359-2639 or the Climbing Wall 359-4015 for immediate access to your workout area from the parking garage.
-Employee, Alumni & Community memberships will still be on hold until full access is restored.
-Covid-19 safety measures and social distancing will be in place.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK BACK AS UPDATES ON REOPENING ARE POSTED.
Also, if you are in the area and would like your belongings from your rented locker, please call 509-359-4019 to set up a day/time to meet someone at the URC to assist you.
Again, thank you for your patience and understanding.
The URC is a Three-Level 117,699 sq. ft. Recreational Facility. Designed for students, faculty, staff and the community. The URC serves as the premier hub for student life and community health and wellness activities.
Costs and Fees
All-Access Day Pass $11.00
Arena-Only Day Pass $8.00
Climbing Wall-Only Day Pass $8.00
Ice Rental $265 per hour
WE NOW OFFER SKATE SHARPENING!
Skate Sharpening $10.00
New Steel Sharpening $20.00
- Individual - Monthly $46.00 / Annually $473.00
- Family - Monthly $69.00 / Annually $713.00
*Employee Payroll Deduction Available.
- Individual - Monthly $57.00 / Annually $640.00
- Family - Monthly $98.00 / Annually $1,028.00
EWU Student Summer Pass (for students not enrolled) $48.50
Non-Credit Group Exercise (URC membership not required) $46.00 - unlimited access (classes held in PEA 270)
- Student - Quarter $13.00 / Academic Year $23.00
- Employee - Quarter $20.00 / Academic Year $57.00
Locker rentals are only available to student and employees with current memberships.
URC Activities and Services
WINTER 20' Hours of Operation
The URC will be closed for the following holidays this quarter:
Monday, January 20th
Monday, February 17th
M-F: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Saturday/Sunday: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
• 19,455 sq. ft. Multi-purpose Arena (Ice Rink > Sport Floor)
• Arena Seating Capacity: 1000 (Spectator Seating), 3000+/- (Floor Events)
• URC Customer Service Counter (URC Skate Desk)
• Leisure Lobby Area with tables & chairs
• EPIC Adventures Outdoor Program
• 30 foot Indoor Climbing Wall
• Men's and Women's Student Locker Rooms
• Men's and Women's Faculty/Staff Locker Rooms
• 335 Multi-size Lockers; 195 Day-use Only & 140 Rentals
• 4 Arena-Use Locker Rooms
• URC Administrative Offices
• Indoor Parking Garage (40 Metered Spaces)
• 17,000 sq. ft. Fitness Center
• "The ROOST" Dining Area
• Lobby Area
• URC Tenant Offices (Campus Recreation & Health, Wellness and Prevention Services)
• Cardio Area of the Fitness Center
• 2-Lane 200 Meter Running Track
A Joint University + Student Partnership
This $26.3 million facility is jointly funded by the University and our students. $28.6 million in revenue bonds were issued by the University in order to build the facility and pay the costs of issuance. The University funds the center's annual operating costs as part of its general operating budget. The Eastern student body will pay off the bonds over time through the implementation of a $65 per quarter activity fee.