Explore Our Site
About the Fitness Center
The goal of the URC Fitness Center at Eastern Washington University is to educate our members about the importance of a balanced approach to physical fitness in an effort to improve their quality of life. This includes the fundamental components of a successful physical fitness program such as strength, endurance, flexibility, and cardiovascular training. Our goal is to instill a dedication to all aspects of fitness and promote positive lifestyle changes as an integral part of the wellness program at EWU.
Please note: Participants may continue working out 30 minutes after posted closing times.
Fitness Center Programs
Policies and Procedures
In order to provide our participants with a safe and beneficial exercise experience, the URC Fitness Center has developed the following policies and procedures. Fitness Center staff will strictly enforce these policies and procedures - and a participant's failure to follow these policies may result in expulsion from the facility. If you have any questions regarding these policies, please call the program director (Jake Rehm) at 359-4017.
UPDATED: April 14, 2022:
The URC Fitness Center is currently not requiring masks to be worn in the facility. This may change depending on COVID rates or whether or not the governors office reinstates an indoor mandate.
17,000 square feet of fitness center space
- Strength Training: circuits, free weights, racks and platforms.
- Cardio Equipment: treadmills, elliptical trainers, arc trainers, steppers, bikes, ascent trainers, climbmills.
- Functional Equipment: functional trainers, stability balls, TRX, medicine balls, and Bosu.
- Indoor running track (1/9 mile)
- Due to safety measures, the track is unavailable for use at this time.
- Open gym for basketball and volleyball. Volleyball available every Tuesday and Thursday (and weekends by request)
- Due to safety measures, the gymnasium is unavailable for basketball/volleyball at this time.
- Fitness Instructors available to assist members during their workouts.
- Personal training is available for those interested in working with a certified trainer to assist you in achieving your fitness goals.
- Fast Fitness (PHED 150; 2 credits) or Strength Training (PHED 152; 2 credits) is offered each quarter in the URC Fitness Center.
- (Both Fast Fitness and Strength/Weight Training will be offered in online form for Fall 2020)