Explore Our Site
About the Fitness Center
The goal of the URC Fitness Center at Eastern Washington University is to educate our members about the importance of a balanced approach to physical fitness in an effort to improve their quality of life. This includes the fundamental components of a successful physical fitness program such as strength, endurance, flexibility, and cardiovascular training. Our goal is to instill a dedication to all aspects of fitness and promote positive lifestyle changes as an integral part of the wellness program at EWU.
Please note: Participants may continue working out 30 minutes after posted closing times.
Fitness Center Programs
Policies and Procedures
In order to provide our participants with a safe and beneficial exercise experience, the URC Fitness Center has developed the following policies and procedures. Fitness Center staff will strictly enforce these policies and procedures - and a participant's failure to follow these policies may result in expulsion from the facility. If you have any questions regarding these policies, please call the program director (Jake Rehm) at 359-4017.
The URC Fitness Center is currently not requiring masks to be worn in the facility. This may change depending on COVID rates, or whether or not the governors office reinstates another indoor mandate.
17,000 square feet of training space
- Strength Training: circuits, free weights, racks and platforms.
- Cardio Equipment: treadmills, elliptical trainers, arc trainers, steppers, bikes, ascent trainers, climbmills.
- Functional Equipment: functional trainers, stability balls, TRX, medicine balls, and Bosu.
- Indoor running track (1/9 mile)
- Open gym for basketball and volleyball. Volleyball available every Tuesday and Thursday (and weekends by request)
- Fitness Center staff are available to assist members during their workouts.
- Personal training is available for those interested in working with a certified trainer to assist you in achieving your fitness goals.
- (We are currently saerching for certified Personal Trainers!) Please inquire to Fitness Center Staff if you are certified and interested in training!
- Fast Fitness (PHED 125; 1 credit; PHED 150; 2 credits) or Strength Training (PHED 152; 2 credits) is offered each quarter in the Fitness Center.