News and Announcements
MultiCare network status with Regence BlueShield/Uniform Medical Plan
On January 24 and 25, 2024, Regence mailed letters to nearly 40,000 Uniform Medical Plan (UMP) members to provide notice that MultiCare may leave the UMP network in King, Kitsap, Lewis, Pierce, Snohomish, and Spokane counties effective March 1, 2024. Affected UMP members may continue to receive care from MultiCare at the network rate through February 29, 2024.
Regence is working with MultiCare on a new contract and hopes to reach an agreement to avoid any disruption in care. If an agreement is met, Regence will send a follow-up letter to members. HCA will update this announcement as more information is available.
What will happen if an agreement is not reached?
On or after March 1, 2024, members receiving services from MultiCare in the affected counties will pay the out-of-network rate, which is 40 percent of the allowed amount after deductible (50 percent for UMP Plus members).
Members currently receiving services from MultiCare for certain conditions may have the right to continue treatment at the network rate for a limited time under a continuity of care provision.
Eligible conditions for continuity of care include:
- Seeing the provider for a serious or complex condition, including certain chronic conditions
- Undergoing a course of institutional or inpatient care from the provider
- Being scheduled for a nonelective surgery from the provider
- Being pregnant and seeing the provider for pregnancy-related care
- Being determined to be terminally ill
Members may check their plan’s certificate of coverage (COC) for more information or call UMP Customer Service at one of the numbers below.
Who can I contact with questions?
- Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) members should call UMP Customer Service at 1-888-849-3681 (TRS: 711) or visit the UMP PEBB website.
You can find the announcement on the Health Care Authority's website here: HCA MultiCare Announcement
2023 OSHA Summary
TIAA Consulting Appointments are Available Virtually or by Phone!
Appointments are available to meet with EWU’s TIAA financial consultant who can help you create a plan or get you started planning for retirement savings. This is a free service to you! Get answers to questions such as:
- Are my investments a right mix to meet retirement goals?
- Am I saving enough for retirement?
- How will I take income from my account when I stop working?
You can schedule an online appointment with a TIAA Financial Consultant. Just click this link www.tiaa.org/schedulenow choose “Your Employer” then “Washington” then "Eastern Washington University" and you will be able to see all of the available dates and times. You can also call 1.800.732.8353 to make an appointment.
These sessions are available to all employees who participate in TIAA as a retirement plan or through the Voluntary Investment Plan.
Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) Live Webinars!
New! Live retirement webinars for DRS members and DCP participants. See available webinars.
Find out more about your retirement plan and benefits at a time and place that is convenient for you. Webinar topics include:
- Plan 2 or Plan 3 resources and questions about which plan is right for you.
- The fundamentals of your retirement plan: Contributions, benefits, investment selections (Plan 3), retirement requirements and options.
- How DCP can help you save more for retirement
- AND MUCH MORE!
- Washington State Deferred Compensation Program (DCP)
- DCP Distributions
- Plan Choice (Plan 2 or Plan 3)
- Plan 2: PERS, TRS, SERS
- Plan 2: LEOFF, WSPRS, PSERS
- Plan 3: PERS, TRS, SERS
- Plan 3 Distributions
- Purchasing an Additional Benefit
- Early Retirement (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- Getting Ready for Retirement
- Applying for Retirement
- Benefit Payment Options at Retirement
- Returning to Work After Retirement
- Nearing Retirement Seminar (webinar version)
- Medicare (guest speaker from SHIBA)
Please see the webinar schedule for the link to join the webinar, and to review the full webinar schedule for additional webinars, dates and times. It is recommended that you log into the webinar 10-15 minutes in advance to test connection and sound. Please review how to join a DRS Webinar for tips on accessing the webinar, audio, and sending questions. For login or audio assistance, please call 360.664.7930. Please be aware the audio comes through your computer so you’ll need speakers or a headset. The webinars are not recorded.
Unable to attend a webinar? While the webinars are not recorded, many of the topics are available in the video library by scrolling the video page of the DRS website.
Important health care information regarding Premium Assistance under Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Washington Apple Health for Adults and Children
SmartHealth is Washington State's voluntary wellness program that supports you on your journey toward living well. As you progress on your wellness journey, you can also qualify for rewards.
The assessment only takes about 15 minutes, personalizes your SmartHealth experience, and is the first step toward qualifying for the $125 wellness incentive. Learn more about SmartHealth for details.
Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement
Questions and Answers
Are you a represented employee who will be making $60,000 a year or less on November 1, 2023?
- If you meet the criteria, you may receive a $250 Medical FSA contribution from your employer in January 2024. This contribution will not come out of your paycheck. You will receive it even if you don't enroll in the Medical FSA for 2024.
- However, if you enroll in a CDHP with an HSA or waive PEBB medical coverage (except to enroll as a dependent on another PEBB account), you cannot receive the $250 contribution. This benefit was negotiated by the State of Washington in the July 2023 Health Care collective bargaining agreement.
- If you are found to be eligible for this benefit and enroll in a Medical FSA for 2024, the $250 will be added to your account in January. If you are eligible but do not enroll in a Medical FSA, Navia Benefit Solutions will open an account for you and send you a welcome letter with a debit card loaded with $250.
- If you have questions about this employer-paid benefit, please contact your benefits office.