News and Announcements
One-Time Open Enrollment Opportunity for Optional LTD
March 1 through March 31, 2019
One-Time Open Enrollment Opportunity for Optional Long-Term Disability
March 1st through March 31st, 2019
March 1st through 31st, 2019, you will have a special, one-time open enrollment opportunity for optional long-term disability insurance. You can enroll or reduce your waiting period without providing evidence of insurability (proof of good health). If you haven’t enrolled in optional LTD in the past, or didn’t want to provide proof of good health, now is a great time to reconsider this benefit.
Why is this unique?
Though employees can enroll in or change their optional LTD insurance at any time, normally they must provide evidence of insurability (proof of good health) – which includes authorizing their health practitioner to release their medical records to the plan provider, Standard Insurance – if they are enrolling after their original 31-day enrollment window.
- This opportunity is available to every PEBB benefits eligible employee, including those who have been previously denied optional LTD insurance coverage.
How to make a change?
- Complete the LTD One-Time Open Enrollment/Change Form and return it to the Benefits Office (318 SHW) between March 1st – 31st, 2019. The form will also be available in the Benefits Office and on the Benefits website under the section Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Changes made during this one-time open enrollment will be effective May 1, 2019.
For questions contact the Benefits Office at 509.359.2488 or by email at email@example.com. Employees who will be on PEBB Continuation Coverage (Unpaid Leave) in March 2019 should contact the PEBB Program at 1-800-200-1004 for more information.
Information about LTD is available:
- In the LTD Plan booklet
- On the HCA’s website’s Long-Term Disability insurance page
- LTD insurance premium rates on the HCA’s website
- Decision Support Tool on The Standard’s website
TIAA Consulting Appointments Available This Spring
Appointments are available to meet with EWU’s TIAA financial consultant who can help you create a plan or get you started planning for retirement savings. This is a free service to you! Get answers to questions such as:
- Are my investments a right mix to meet retirement goals?
- Am I saving enough for retirement?
- How will I take income from my account when I stop working?
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019
- Wednesday, April 3, 2019
- Thursday, April 4, 2019
You can schedule an appointment online at www.TIAA.org/schedulenow or call 1.800.732.8353.
These sessions are available to all employees who participate in TIAA as a retirement plan or through the Voluntary Investment Plan.
SmartHealth is Washington State's voluntary wellness program that supports you on your journey toward living well. As you progress on your wellness journey, you can also qualify for rewards. Learn more by watching the SmartHealth stories video.
New to SmartHealth? Watch the new SmartHealth How-to Video
Have fun. Earn rewards. Complete the SmartHealth Well-being Assessment to earn a $25 Amazon gift card.
The assessment only takes about 15 minutes, personalizes your SmartHealth experience, and is the first step toward qualifying for the $125 wellness incentive. Learn more about SmartHealth for details.
Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) Live Webinars!
New! Live retirement webinars for DRS members and DCP participants. See available webinars.
Find out more about your retirement plan and benefits at a time and place that is convenient for you. Webinar topics include:
- Plan 2 or Plan 3 resources and questions about which plan is right for you.
- The fundamentals of your retirement plan: Contributions, benefits, investment selections (Plan 3), retirement requirements and options.
- How DCP can help you save more for retirement
- AND MUCH MORE!
Please see the webinar schedule for the link to join the webinar, and to review the full webinar schedule for additional webinars, dates and times. It is recommended that you log into the webinar 10-15 minutes in advance to test connection and sound. Please review how to join a DRS Webinar for tips on accessing the webinar, audio, and sending questions. Please be aware the audio comes through your computer so you’ll need speakers or a headset. The webinars are not recorded.