EWU Disability Support Services (DSS) has a new, efficient way to manage student accommodations. MyDSS is a software system that makes it easier to track accommodations, appointments and case management.
Students who are registered with the DSS office will have access to a student portal on MyDSS. The student portal will allow current DSS students to request accommodations for their course(s) each term. Faculty will also have access to a portal within MyDSS which will notify them when a DSS student in their course has requested accommodations. Eastern’s DSS office is hopeful that implementing MyDSS will create stronger connections with students and facilitate open communication with faculty.
Current DSS students can log in to MyDSS to:
- View or edit the student profile
- Request and/or modify accommodations per class, per term
- Request additional accommodations
- Submit additional documentation
- Schedule an appointment with an Accommodation Specialist (DSS Advisor)
- Schedule/change/cancel an exam (only applies to students with Alternative Testing as an accommodation)
- Electronically sign DSS forms
Faculty who have DSS students in their course(s), can log in to MyDSS to:
- View a list of students who have requested DSS accommodation(s)
- View each individual student’s accommodation(s) plan
- Complete the DSS Exam Proctor Agreement
- Upload exams and add additional exam instructions
- View the Faculty Notification Letter
Semester Faculty will be able to log in and view their dashboard and any requested accommodations beginning Aug. 14.
Quarter Faculty will be able log in and view their dashboard anytime beginning Aug. 14 as well, but they will not be able to view any accommodation requests until Sept. 11.
- To log in to MyDSS Faculty Portal, please visit our DSS website at: https://inside.ewu.edu/dss/mydss-faculty/
- To log in to MyDSS Student Portal, please visit our DSS website at: https://inside.ewu.edu/dss/mydss-student/
Tutorials are also available on the DSS website. Students and faculty are encouraged to check them out. When new modules become available, students and faculty will be notified of the new update and any tutorial videos that support the new module.
EWU Disability Support Services hopes that students and faculty enjoy the new portal and find the system easy to navigate. The office plans to facilitate Zoom sessions soon to give students and faculty the opportunity to ask questions and/or provide feedback. For more information, please contact Disability Support Services at 509.359.6871 or via email at email@example.com.