The Office for Diversity and Inclusion worked hard, and quickly, to ensure students, faculty and staff can acknowledge EWU’s annual Diversity and Inclusion Week amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Though the campus community is physically separated, there is a full calendar of events to connect and learn during the week of May 11-15.
The theme this year is “Access through Action,” with corresponding logo design by EWU student, Sela Tran, and design adaptation by EWU student, Gavin Davis.
EWU students, faculty, staff and alumni honored Diversity and Inclusion week with a video, edited by EWU student Gavin Davis. Watch We Are Eastern below:
Thursday, May 14
- 10-11 a.m. — Equity Educators present – Navigating Racism: Your Role in Anti-Racism
- Zoom link: https://ewu.zoom.us/j/834722976
- Noon-2 p.m. — The Multicultural Center presents – a synchronous screening of the movie, 13th
- A link with instructions to watch the film will be posted two hours before the film on the Diversity and Inclusion website.
Friday, May 15
- Acknowledgement of nominees for Diversity and Inclusion Awards
- More information and a link will be posted Friday on the Diversity and Inclusion website.