Uncork your inner sommelier—and scientist—with a fun, educational VIRTUAL wine tasting!
The EWU Alumni Association’s Eagle Flights Wine Club, in partnership with the departments of geology and chemistry, present: Before the Bottle: How Science Makes Wine Take Flight.
This is not your ordinary wine tasting, rather a VIRTUAL oenological exploration, with presentations by EWU professors on multiple aspects of wine growing and geology, as well as the chemistry, structure and composition behind wine. Join us virtually on the EWUAA Facebook page live from 6-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 17.
This is an interactive virtual wine tasting. Please make sure you have a bottle of your favorite Washington red and Washington white on hand. Eagle owned/operated Washington wineries that we suggest are:
- Liberty Lake Wine Cellars – Liberty Lake, WA
- MonteScarlatto Estate Winery – Benton City, WA & Spokane, WA
- Fidelitas Wines – Benton City, WA
- Latah Creek Wine Cellars – Spokane, WA
- Barrister Winery – Spokane, WA
- Alexandria Nicole Winery – Prosser, WA
- Martin Scott Winery – East Wenatchee, WA
Anyone is welcome to attend, including EWU alumni, faculty, staff and students. Registration is free, but if you would like to support this event and future events like it, all while supporting EWU student success, please donate any amount to the Chemistry/BioChemistry Department or the Geology Department.