EWU has updated its process for employees who are working on campus to provide a daily verification that they are not experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 or under a current quarantine order. All employees who are working on one of EWU’s campuses are required to fill out a daily symptom check online before coming to campus or immediately upon arrival. A link to this form is available at the top of the InsideEWU webpage.
In addition, says Eastern’s human resources office, we wanted to remind you that we all have a responsibility to protect one another and do our part in helping to promote a healthy and safe campus community. This includes protecting yourself, others and our community. Here are some simple steps you can take:
- Complete the daily COVID-19 symptom check whenever you are coming to campus
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet when possible
- Wash your hands often using soap and water
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Avoid touching your face
- Wear a face mask both indoors and outdoors unless you are alone or in your home
- Stay home if you are sick, have symptoms associated with COVID-19, or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Protect Our Eagle Community
- Notify the COVID-19 Response Team immediately if you know of an EWU community member who has COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19. The reporting form is available at: www.ewu.edu/reportcovid. This allows us to immediately response with contact tracing, sanitizing, and support.
- Follow guidance from the local health district and EWU with respect to testing, contact tracing, isolation and quarantine
This message was sent via email to all EWU employees on Friday, July 31.