As Eastern Washington University embarks on a new “Flight Plan” vision, the Board of Trustees knows it is going to take the entire university’s collective energy, imagination and creativity to launch EWU’s future. The vision, as outlined by Dr. Cullinan in the May 29th Board of Trustees meeting, will carry EWU forward, intentionally preparing students for success.
The EWU BOT is guided by several principles:
- Conduct a collaborative and transparent process involving all stakeholders of the University
- Place University priorities over unit priorities, while maintaining the flexibility to meet future challenges and opportunities
- Realize that EWU can’t be all things to all people and can’t remain relevant and sustainable if we try to meet everyone’s interests
- Engage the knowledge, imagination, ingenuity, and creativity of the EWU community to arrive at innovative solutions
- Place student success first
As we all move the university forward to realize the new vision, the BOT will ensure our guiding principles are forefront in our decision-making process.
In keeping with conducting a collaborative and transparent process involving all stakeholders of Eastern, we want to hear from you. Therefore, the EWU Board of Trustees invites you to share your innovative ideas and forward-thinking strategies that will help build and sustain Eastern Washington University for the future.
We are holding a Special Board of Trustees meeting from 2-4 p.m., Tuesday, June 23, via Zoom solely for listening to public comments.
- Zoom: https://ewu.zoom.us/j/92069349573 (Telephone Dial-In: +1 253 215 8782 Meeting ID: 920 6934 9573).
This meeting will adhere to the usual public comment process, which is outlined on the Board of Trustee website. And, as we move forward in the next months, we will continue to reach out and listen through various ways and venues by means of processes established by the University. We know not all ideas will become part of Eastern’s future, but working together we will soar!!!
We want to hear what you are going to do to re-imagine EWU!
EWU Board of Trustees