Why Program Review?
The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), EWU's institutional accrediting body, requires that all academic programs be reviewed on a regular basis. Academic program review is designed to provide the following:
- Accountability to all stakeholders (i.e., students, faculty, staff, the public-at- large)
- An evaluation of the program's strengths and challenges conducted by the following:
- Faculty in the program
- The Program Review Committee
- An external reviewer (i.e., a scholar in the discipline from another university)
- Program improvement
- Generation of data to inform decisions about the program, faculty, and students
- Curricular revitalization
Program Review Committee
The Faculty Organization established the Program Review Committee (PRC) to oversee EWU's academic program review process.
Leadership and Key Roles
The roles the program, college, and provost play in program review are described below.
Program Review Cycle
From start to finish, program review takes three years.
PRC Program Review Docket
The PRC's schedule for when each program will undergo, or has undergone, review during the 2015-22 NWCCU accreditation cycle can be found at Program Review Docket.