Handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and others from getting sick.
Wash your hands often
- Before, during, and after food prep
- Before eating
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- After using the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching garbage
Follow these 5 steps every time:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (any temp) and apply soap
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. (Hum the “Happy Birthday” song twice.)
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
For information about the novel coronavirus and Eastern’s plan, visit: https://inside.ewu.edu/bewell/coronavirus/