Mini Safety Trainings
Each of the Mini Safety Training topics is designed to take a few minutes to complete and serves as a refresher on a particular safety topic.
Each training will have some material, either a short video or a page of text, and a short quiz. Use your EWU NetID to log in and take the quizzes, this will ensure you get credit for the refresher training.
Supervisors will be sent updates letting them know which of their employees have completed a Mini Safety Training.
In-Person Safety Training Resources
The resources in this section can be used for in-person safety trainings. Remember to have everyone sign-in for in-person trainings; training records must be maintained for at least three years.
These resources can be helpful, but may contain information that is out-of-date or not correct for Washington State. Please review any information before providing it to your employees.
Washington State FACE Program
Washington State Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation (FACE) Program Narratives. These narratives have a brief description of a worker death from Washington State along with the legal requirements, recommendations to prevent similar occurrences, and resources related to the topic.
- Roofing Foreman Falls 19 Feet from Extension Ladder (ladder safety)
- Operator Crushed When Tractor and Sprayer Roll Over (training & equipment operation)
- Spotter Crushed between Excavator Bucket and Trench Box (task planning)
- Truck Driver Crushed Between Two Trailers (equipment operation)
- Window Cleaner Falls 50 Feet (site set-up)
- Laborer Burned Cutting 55-Gallon Drum when Leftover Fuel Explodes (communication & hot work)
- Carpenter Severely Injured in 11-Foot Fall from Scaffold (training & scaffold set-up)
- Laborer Severely Injured in 60-Foot Fall from Scissor Lift (lift procedures)
- Operator Struck by Hay Press Guillotine Blade (LOTO)