There are three types of biological waste generated on campus.
- Potentially infectious waste - Any biological waste that could cause harm to people, animals, or plants. This includes:
- Any waste involving any material from a human, usually bodily fluids
- Research waste involving any material from non-human primates
- Research waste involving infectious materials
- Sharps waste - Used needles, syringes, scalpels, and other things that can cut or poke.
- Noninfectious waste - Biological research waste that carries no infection risk
Request Biowaste Pick Up
Use the button on the right to access the waste pick up request form.