Call 911, then call EH&S (509.359.6496 or 509.559.2031) immediately, in the event of a:
- On-the-job death*
- Significant eye injury*
Contact EH&S immediately (509.359.6496 or 509.559.2031) in the event of a hazardous spill or environmental release.
*EWU has 8 hours from the time of these incidents to report to the state.
Incident reports need to be filled out for:
- Work related illnesses
- Near misses
- Vehicle Accidents - All accidents resulting in property damage or injuries involving a state vehicle or your own vehicle while driving on state business must be reported within 48 hours to Washington state on a Washington State Vehicle Collision Report AND to EWU using an Incident Report.
They should be filled out for all incidents that:
- Occur on an EWU campus or facility
- Involve any EWU employee while at work, wherever work is happening.
- Involve EWU students, on campus, during field trips, or during EWU organized activities.
If you are in a laboratory or shop, incident reports should be filled out if:
- A spill occurs that requires the use of a spill kit.
- Chemicals are released down the drain.
- Something explodes or catches fire (even if it can be dealt with by an individual).
Please do not use these forms to report: Graffiti, Harassment, Theft, or Vandalism. Call 911 or contact EWU Campus Police at 509.359.7676