URC Fitness Center
The goal of the URC Fitness Center at Eastern Washington University is to educate our members about the importance of a balanced approach to physical fitness in an effort to improve their quality of life. This includes the fundamental components of a successful physical fitness program such as strength, endurance, flexibility, and cardiovascular training. Our goal is to instill a dedication to all aspects of fitness and promote positive lifestyle changes as an integral part of the wellness program at EWU.
Hours of Operation
Fall 2020 (Updated due to COVID Safety Measures)
- M-F: 8:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Saturday-Sunday: CLOSED
- Students must register for workout times (this is done through shopeaglerec.ewu.edu).
- Closed on all federal holidays.
- REMINDER! We will be closed November 11 (Veterans Day) and November 25-27 (Thanksgiving)
Please note: Participants may continue working out 30 minutes after posted closing times.
If you are a student under the age of 18, the following steps are required:
- Download/print the Under 18 waiver and have parent/legal guardian sign;
- Call the URC Front Desk (359-4019) or the Fitness Center Front Desk (359-2639) to give notification that you have the waiver ready to submit;
- URC Staff will "create" your membership manually;
- Once you have a membership, you will be able to schedule workouts.
- When you come to your first workout, BRING YOUR WAIVER WITH YOU (we can't let you in without one on file!)
Fitness Center Programs
17,000 square feet of fitness center space
- Strength Training: circuits, free weights, racks and platforms.
- Cardio Equipment: treadmills, elliptical trainers, arc trainers, steppers, bikes, ascent trainers, climbmills.
- Functional Equipment: functional trainers, stability balls, TRX, medicine balls, and Bosu.
- Indoor running track (1/9 mile)
- Due to safety measures, the track is unavailable for use at this time.
- Open gym for basketball and volleyball. Volleyball available every Tuesday and Thursday (and weekends by request)
- Due to safety measures, the gymnasium is unavailable for basketball/volleyball at this time.
- Fitness Instructors available to assist members during their workouts.
- Personal training is available for those interested in working with a certified trainer to assist you in achieving your fitness goals.
- Fast Fitness (PHED 150; 2 credits) or Strength Training (PHED 152; 2 credits) is offered each quarter in the URC Fitness Center.
- (Both Fast Fitness and Strength/Weight Training will be offered in online form for Fall 2020)
Policies and Procedures
In order to provide our participants with a safe and beneficial exercise experience, the URC Fitness Center has developed the following policies and procedures. Fitness Center staff will strictly enforce these policies and procedures - and a participant's failure to follow these policies may result in expulsion from the facility. If you have any questions regarding these policies, please call the program director (Jake Rehm) at 359-4017.
UPDATED: September 16, 2020:
No person may enter the facility if they have COVID-19 symptoms, have been in close contact with someone who tested positive within the last 14 days, or have been advised to quarantine or isolate.
Extra items (shirts, jackets, extra shoes, towels, extra facemasks, etc) will be not be allowed in the facility.
Guests will be required to wear masks throughout their work out; Access will be denied if they do not have masks
Guests are limited to work out for 45 minutes to allow for maximum access. After 45 minutes, the facility will close for 15 minutes so staff may clean any used equipment and custodial staff may perform sanitizinG.
Social distancing is required!