Requesting a Copy of a Police Report
To request a copy of a police report, complete and submit the EWUPD Public Disclosure Request Form to:
Eastern Washington University Police Department
820 Washington St
Cheney, WA 99004
Or by fax: 509.359.6054, or by email: email@example.com
Police reports may also be requested by calling 509.359.6498.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Under the Public Records Act (PRA), public records are defined as: information, regardless of physical form or characteristics that have been created or received by the EWUPD. This can include emails, paper documents, reports, forms, recordings, etc.
- However, certain information may be withheld or exempted under RCW 42.56.230 & RCW 42.56.240.
- Examples of redactions:
- Social security numbers
- Driver’s license numbers
- Student education records as provided under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Examples of exemptions:
- Records pertaining to an active investigation
- Intelligence information
- Requested nondisclosure
- Identity of witnesses/victims/complainants if it would endanger them