The EWU Police Department fingerprints students, staff, faculty and community members for teacher certification, the Counselor Education Program, MS in Mental Health and School Counseling, other employment and licensing purposes, and for court purposes. The department is located in the Red Barn at 609 W 7th Street.
Please call during business hours to schedule an appointment (359-6498).
LIVE SCAN PRINTS
We can provide Live Scan fingerprint services for teacher certification (EWU Education students, Cheney School District employees, and Medical Lake School District employees), the Counselor Education Program, MS in Mental Health and School Counseling
If you need Live Scan prints, even if you are just renewing your certification, please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- The OSPI form (REQUEST FOR ELECTRONIC APPLICANT SUBMISSION) provided to you by the EWU Education Department or your school district. The OSPI Assigned Number should be on the form. Please complete the APPLICANT section of this form before your appointment, if it is missing any information;
- Photo ID;
- Your receipt for fingerprinting fees*
If you need ink prints, please bring:
- Photo ID;
- Your receipt for fingerprinting fees*;
- Fingerprint card(s); and
- A 9" x 12" envelope to mail the fingerprint cards without bending them. Please bring any instructions provided for your prints, and bring checks and forms that are required to be submitted with your fingerprint cards.
|Type of Prints||Description||Fee|
|EWU Education/ MIT Students||OSPI Fingerprinting Fee ($20 + OSPI Fee)||$65.25|
|Mental Health Counseling students||State Background Check ($20 + $21 WSP Fee0||$41.00|
|School District Employees OR Ink Prints||EWU Fingerprinting Service Fee||$20.00|
*Fees can be paid online (debit/credit card) at the following link: ONLINE FINGERPRINT PAYMENT or in person at Financial Services, Sutton Hall (cash or check).
As of March 12, 2022, masks are optional. Let us know if you want us to wear a mask while we are with you.
- Customers will be required to wash and sanitize their hands before printing.
- Once the customer leaves the building, the fingerprint station protocol will be initiated.
- On a weekly basis, the entry area, lobby and printing area will be disinfected by custodial services.