Office of Controller - Payroll
From: Tim Davenport, Controller
Date: April 10, 2020
Re: Disposition of Earned Compensatory Time
We are quickly approaching the end of the fiscal year which means it is time to finalize the disposition of earned compensatory time. All compensatory time must be taken (used) or cashed out by the end of the current fiscal year, June 30, 2020. Current compensatory leave balances and estimated costs are reflected on the April Leave Balance Report, which will be emailed to unit vice presidents. VPs will then receive updated balance reports monthly through June. Leave balances are also available using EagleNET SSB by selecting each employee timesheet.
- Employees affected by this cash out will receive payment on their July 10, 2020 paycheck. Any earned compensatory time not taken by June 30, 2020 will be cashed out and the amount charged to the applicable Banner Index codes for June 2020.
Please review with your employees their compensatory time balances and recognize the budget impact if the compensatory time is not taken by June 30, 2020. Per the current collective bargaining agreements and exempt employee policy, supervisors cannot schedule their employee’s compensatory time off. It is the employee’s election to schedule the time off (with supervisor approval) or receive the cash out of the compensatory time balances. The comp time cash out rate is one and one-half hours for each hour of straight time worked.
Thank you for your attention to the compensatory time earned in your area. Please direct any questions about compensatory time to the Human Resources Office at 359-2381.
Eastern Washington University
Payroll Direct Deposit Request Submissions
Payroll setup can be found at the following link: Direct Deposit form (click to view).
In order to submit Direct Deposit forms for Payroll setup, you must include with the form a scanned copy of your voided check or an ACH authorization form from your bank in PDF format. This is necessary for security purposes, and to be sure accurate banking information is submitted. Because banking information is sensitive, it cannot be submitted over unsecured platforms such as email. A secured delivery method must be used.
We have set up a OneDrive Folder for a secure method of transmitting this sensitive information.
Click on the following link to submit your direct deposit form for Payroll setup, along with a voided check or ACH authorization form from your bank.
You will see a message saying “Felicijan, Tammy (EWU Assoc. Controller) is requesting files for Direct Deposit Submissions” and a “select files” box. Click the box and select your files for submission. Enter your first and last name. Click upload. You will see a message that says your upload was successful.
This submission is only for Payroll Direct Deposits. Financial Aid Direct Deposits should go to the Financial Aid office.
2019 Online W-2 Wage and Tax Statement is now available.
EWU Campus Community:
Your 2019 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement is now available online via EagleNet. To access your W-2 information:
- Log onto our EagleNET website at https://inside.ewu.edu/
- Select the “Employee tab”
- Select “Tax Forms”
- Select “W-2 Wage and Tax Statement”
- Select “2019” Tax Year from the drop down box
- To print your W-2 click the “Printable W-2” button located near the bottom of the page
- Enter your EagleNet PIN and click “Submit”
- Select “Print” from the file menu
- Your PIN is initially set-up as your date of birth (MMDDYY).
- If you do not know your PIN:
- please log out of EagleNet and close all web browsers
- go to the EagleNet website at https://inside.ewu.edu/eaglenet/
- click on the PIN Access button
- click the Forget PIN? Button to reset your PIN
- If necessary, please put in a Help Desk ticket or contact the EWU Help Desk at (509) 359-2247 for further assistance.
Please see the tutorial on the Payroll website titled “How to View/Print Your Electronic W-2” for detailed instructions.
For those employees that did not consent to an electronic W-2, your 2019 Form W-2 will be mailed to your permanent address reflected on EagleNet and is scheduled to be postmarked on January 27, 2019.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your EWU W-2 information contact the Payroll Office at (509) 359-2325.
EWU Payroll – 2019 Form W-2 Electronic Consent:
Eastern Washington University offers our employees the option to have Form W-2 (Employee’s Wage & Tax Statement) electronically furnished as an alternative to receiving a paper form.
Benefits of receiving an electronic Form W-2:
- Earlier access to the Form W-2 than paper copies
- Employee can print multiple copies of their Form W-2
- No lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced W-2’s in the mail
- Worldwide access from any internet connection via EagleNet
- Once consent is given, it remains in effect until the employee changes the election. This can be done on EagleNet
- Cost savings for the university by eliminating printing and mailing costs
Signing up to receive your annual W-2 electronically can be done on EagleNET in five simple steps:
- Select the Employee Tab
- Select Tax Forms
- Select Electronic W-2 Consent
- Check the box to consent to receive W-2 electronically
- Then click Submit.
If your preference is to receive your W-2 electronically, we ask that you complete the above consent by January 23, 2020. If you do not elect to receive your W-2 electronically, it is your responsibility to ensure your permanent address is correct in EagleNet. Paper W-2’s will be postmarked no later than January 31, 2020.
All W-2 forms will be made available online, via EagleNET, by January 31, 2020.
Please contact the Payroll Office with any questions. 509-359-2325