Our staff provides free one-on-one career advising to students and alumni by appointment.
Visit our staff page to determine who your career advisor is based on your college or area of interest. If you are unsure about your major or career, that's okay! We have an advisor for that too.
Our Career Advisors can help you with:
- Resumés and cover letters
- Preparing for interviews and mock interviews
- Choosing a major and exploring career possibilities
- Searching for jobs and internships
- Career planning
- Choosing and applying to a graduate program
- Networking with professionals and career fair prep
- Salary/Offer Negotiation
- Assessing your preferences and interests through career assessments
How to make an appointment on Handshake
Login to Handshake and then click on “Career Center” in the top navigation menu, then click on “appointments”. Make your selections for appointment category and type and follow the prompts. Please provide some detail in the comments section about your unique situation.
There is also a Handshake app that you can download from the App Store or Google Play.
Virtual appointments (Skype, Zoom, phone, email) are available upon request for extended campus students, online students, alumni, and under other circumstances at the discretion of the advisor. Make note of your preference in the comments portion of your Handshake appointment request or contact the advisor directly.
Policy on "No Shows"
If you can't make your scheduled appointment, please cancel ahead of time. We enforce "no show" policies that could effect your access to our services. Click Here to Learn More