Should I appeal?
Students experiencing a severe financial, medical or other circumstance which makes living on campus an undue hardship may appeal the Financial Consequences of Contract Termination detailed above. (Students should be aware that choosing to move off campus to ‘save money’ is not sufficient grounds for appeal.)
The university will consider an appeal to the financial consequences of contract termination when this contract is terminated for the following reasons:
- Withdrawal from the university due to documented medical reasons;
- Determination of a medically necessary accommodation which cannot be adequately addressed within student housing;
- Withdrawal from the university due to severe financial hardship; (a significant and unforeseeable change in financial circumstances since beginning the contract)
- Designation as a primary caregiver for a minor or disabled family member;
- Other extenuating circumstances.
Removal from the halls for disciplinary violations per the EWU Student Conduct Code will not be considered grounds for waiver or reduction of the Financial Consequences of Contract Termination.
How do I appeal?
You must appeal the charges within 30 days after the contract termination using the EWU Housing Contract Termination Charges Appeal Form and attaching the required documentation.
How is my appeal processed?
The Housing and Residential Life Appeals Committee will make a decision regarding the appeal and notify you by email within 30 days of receipt of the request form.
Should you disagree with the decision of the Appeals Committee, he/she may appeal in writing to the Senior Director of Housing and Residential Life within 30 days of the original decision. The appeal may be filed via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Senior Director's decision is final.
All communication regarding appeals will be sent to your Eagles email address. Be checking that email regularly in case we have questions about your submitted materials.