Cash and check deposit can be made in person at SFS on EWU campus. EWU no longer will accept credit cards for payments. Student accounting has provided “red” deposit slips at SFS or at the Student Accounting office. The deposit slip must accompany the deposits made at SFS. The following information will need to be provided on the deposit slip.
- Date: This is the date the deposit is made
- Amount: Put in the total amount of the deposit.
- Name: This is the person making the deposit.
- Phone number: This is the phone number of the person making the deposit. We will contact the student if we have questions regarding the deposit.
- Club Name: Please put the name of the club that will be receiving the deposit. We have numerous clubs and we need the club name to assure the deposit is posted to the correct club.
- Reason: This information needs to be specific regarding the nature of the deposit. The information provided with be the description that the club sees when the deposit is posted into their portal.
Take your cash and/or check to Student Financial Services and hand your deposit and deposit slip to the cashier. They will deposit the funds into the club account and provide you with a copy of the receipt. It is recommended that you keep this copy for the club records. They will provide Student Accounting with the red deposit slip and the receipt showing the deposit was made.
The posted deposit receipts are picked up daily and posted to the club accounts in EagleSync
Clubs also have the option of requesting an online payment account that can be used to collect membership dues, sell clothing or collect fees to pay for events. This process takes about a week to set up and activate. We encourage clubs that collect membership dues on a quarterly or yearly basis to set up the online payment option. The process to set up an online account is below:
- Email Student Accounting outlining your request and why you will need the online account. Please provide us with as much detail as you can. The more information we have, the better.
- Once we confirm that all of your club funds are held in an on-campus account and this is a valid request, we will have Student Financial Services (SFS) contact you regarding your request for an online account.
- SFS will send you a form that needs to be filled out before they can set up the account. The form contains the information needed for the online payment center.
- Once the online payment link is set up on Touchnet, SFS will email the club and Student Accounting with a link to review the payment screen. If no changes need to be made, the link is now ready for you to post for your members. The link can be put into EagleSync, emailed, posted on a website, or sent out any other way the club decides.
Student Accounting will pull the Touchnet reports twice a week and post any payments that were collected online to the proper club account’s portal
If the student lives off-campus and they are not able to make it to the Cheney Campus, they can mail in their deposit/dues. Mail-in deposit slips are located HERE. As with the mail-in deposits, you will need the same information on the deposit slip that is required for in-person deposits. If we do not have a deposit slip, Student Accounting will not know which club receives the deposit. The process for mail-in deposits is listed below:
- Fill in the deposit form.
- Print off the deposit form to accompany your check. If you do not have the capability to print the deposit slip, a handwritten note with the same information sent with the check will be sufficient.
- Please do not send cash. If you have cash, you will need to write a check or go to your financial institution and get a cashier’s check or money order made payable to the club. The Post Office also sells money orders.
- Mail to Student Accounting (926 Elm Street, 307 PUB, Cheney, WA 99004) the check or money order along with the deposit slip or a handwritten note outlining what the check is for and the club that will receive the money.
- Once the deposit is received, Student Accounting will post the deposit to the club portal.
If you do not have access to the club's “treasury tab” on the club’s portal, you can contact your president, treasurer, advisor, or contact us to confirm payment was received