Here is an old picture of Cadet Hall back in 1958:
Cadet Hall was constructed by the U.S. Army and first opened in 1956 which makes the building only 2 years old when this picture was taken. Incredibly the building still looks very much the same today.
Due to the Computing and Engineering Building built next to Cadet Hall in 2006, the same perspective is not available to be taken today. Besides the large building next door, Cadet Hall is now also surrounded by large pine trees and landscaping that was not there in 1958.
The stairs in the 1958 picture are also no longer there. However, after all these years Cadet Hall is still where all Military Science classes are taught, the faculty offices, gym, supply room, and our indoor rifle range is located at. Cadet Hall is aging gracefully and still proud to be the home to the EWU ROTC “Fighting Eagles” battalion.
Go ROTC! Go Fighting Eags!