The Central Food Pantry will be open on Tuesday afternoons between 1 pm - 4 pm and on Thursday between 11 am - 2 pm. We ask that you please bring your reusable bags and scan the QR code by the entrance or by the desk. The entrance is to the left of Einstein Bros Bagels. Doors will be open 30 min prior to open hours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you are in need of accommodations.
Due to COVID-19, we are expecting food pantry need to increase drastically on our campus. Our office is taking measures to practice social distancing, so collecting donations at this time is not a feasible option. If you would like to share your resources in the form of a monetary donation that will be used to restock the pantries, please click the button below.
MISSON: The EWU Food Pantry Program aims to alleviate hunger and foster a healthy and inclusive community by providing access to nutritious food. All members of the EWU community are invited to take what they need from the cabinets and central pantry.
A big thanks to our community partners and sponsors!
Frequently Asked Questions
How you can help
You can drop off donations at the Central Food Pantry located in Tawanka 129E during open hours or at the Office of Community Engagement located in Showalter Hall 115. If you are interested in volunteering to help address food insecurity, contact Libby Vigil at CEAmericorps@ewu.edu / 509-359-4006.
Most needed donations
- Hearty Soups (vegetable beef, chicken noodle, etc)
- Canned Fruits (pears, mandarins, peaches, apple sauce)
- Canned Protein (tuna, chicken, spam)
- Nut Butters (Peanut, almond, Nutella etc)
- Snacks (granola/ protein bars, trail mix, fruit snacks, popcorn)
- Grains (white and brown rice, quinoa, wheat and gluten free pasta)
- Cooking oils (vegetable, olive)
- Breakfast foods (oatmeal, cereal, coffee, tea, shelf-stable milk, etc)
- Spices (salt, pepper, lemon pepper, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, turmeric, cayenne, taco seasoning mix, garlic powder, etc)
- Condiments (Ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, salad dressings, alfredo sauce etc)
- Hygiene products (feminine hygiene items, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, bar soap, razors)