- This event has passed.
Social Work & Psychology Virtual Career Fair
April 9 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Social Work and Psychology Virtual Career Fair will bring together an array of employers with the express purpose of meeting you and sharing their internship/career opportunities.
April 9th, 2-5pm
Virtual (within Handshake in video chat format)
Who is this for?
• Undergraduate and graduate students graduating in Spring in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, and Addiction Studies
• Psychology students (any class standing) looking for internships
Career Fairs are a great way to learn about organizations, discover job and internship opportunities, practice interacting with employers, and build your professional network!
3 Steps to Get Started
1. Register for the career fair on Handshake
2. Sign up for individual and/or group sessions with employers early (check back often because new employers are registering continuously)*
3. Prepare for the fair with the tips below!
*You may need to adjust your Handshake profile! Make sure it’s displaying the correct major and graduation date. It will also prompt you to change your privacy settings when registering for employer sessions. You can change these settings back after the fair if you want to.
*** Navigating Virtual Career Fairs on Handshake ***
Accessing Handshake and Help Resources – Click Here
Handshake’s Guide to Attending a Virtual Fair (Goes over the student process of finding, registering, and participating in a virtual fair on Handshake). Learn More
Video Example of a Virtual Career Fair “Session” with an employer (the student view starts at 5 minutes and 55 seconds if you want to skip ahead) – Click Here
Though this covers individual sessions, the group sessions are very similar to this but include more students.
Handshake Video Requirements & Troubleshooting (Students) – Click Here
*** Tips for Success ***
- Career Fair Tips
- Interview Tips | Virtual Interviewing Tips – These are great for virtual career fair interactions too! Learn about connection issues, virtual backgrounds, attire, technology, and more!
- Career Advising Appointments – You can meet with me virtually for any career development topics including preparing for the career fair.
- Resumes – You’ll want to have an updated resume in case there is an opportunity to share it with the employer.
*** Virtual Workshops over Zoom ***
- Friday, March 5th, 12-1pm – Interviewing Skills – Register
- Friday, March 12th, 12-1pm – Resumes/Cover letters – Register
- Friday, April 2nd, 12-1pm – Navigating and Preparing for a Virtual Career Fair in Handshake – Register
*** Career Fair Questions – Drop-in Hours over Zoom ***
Monday, April 5 thru Thursday, April 8th, 12:30 – 1:30 pm
Your Career Advisor, Jenica Jett, will be hosting virtual drop-in hours Monday, April 5 through Thursday, April 8th from 12:30 to 1:30 pm. Drop by my zoom room to get some last-minute tips, resume help, help to register for career fair sessions, or any other questions you have about the fair. Students will be helped on a first come first served basis for brief conversations to accommodate everyone joining. If you need a longer chat, please make an appointment on Handshake (appointments tend to fill up quickly during career fair weeks, so please make your appointment in advance if you think you will need one).
- Drop-In Hours Zoom Access: https://ewu.zoom.us/j/4386636910
*** Virtual Career Advising Appointments ***
Need an appointment with a Career Advisor?
You can make an appointment on Handshake (See the Handshake info below). After logging in, click on “Career Center” in the top navigation bar, then “appointments”. There is also a Handshake app that you can download if you’d like to use it from your phone. Then follow the prompts to schedule. If you run into any issues please give our front desk a call at 509-359-6365.
In partnership with: The School of Social Work, the Department of Psychology, the Career Center, and Iota Beta Chapter of the Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work
People needing accommodation should contact the EWU Career Center at (509) 359-6365 or email@example.com at least 5 business days before the event.