Applying as an international student can be complicated, but don't worry. We're here to help.
Start your application today! Here's what you need:
- Debit or credit card to pay application fee;
- Passport (recommended)
- Evidence of meeting the grade requirements;
- Evidence of English proficiency
An application for admission will be considered complete only when all of the required documentation is received. Because it takes a long time to get a student visa, students applying from outside the U.S. should apply as early as possible. Submitting fraudulent (fake) documents will result in automatic denial of application and/or dismissal from Eastern Washington University.
I am a...
Transcripts from colleges and universities outside the United States must be submitted with an evaluation from an accredited evaluation agency. If you are requesting transfer credits, you must submit individual course descriptions in English of all courses requested for transfer to EWU. Visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services for a list of accredited agencies.
Transcripts from high schools outside the United States must be submitted with certified English translation.
Please send your transcripts to:
EWU School of Global Learning
ATTN: International Admissions
103 Hargreaves Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
English Proficiency Requirements for Undergraduate Admission
International students for whom English is not their native language must meet English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Completion of a transferable college-level English composition course from a university or college in the United States with a minimum grade C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 525 paper based or 71 iBT
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 6.0
- Completion of secondary school with instruction in English (official letter from school must be provided).
- Completion of EWU’s English Language Institute (ELI).
If you do not meet the English proficiency requirements for undergraduate admission you may be admitted to the university on the condition that you successfully complete a program of study with EWU’s English Language Institute (ELI). Make sure to select "conditional" under "What type of admission are you seeking?"
The international student application fee is $60 USD. You will be directed to a payment screen at the end of your application where you can pay with MasterCard, Visa or an electronic check. Please let us know if you have any trouble paying your application fee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+01) 509-359-2331.
International students should apply as early as possible because of the additional time needed for preparing immigration documents and visa processing. International applications will close one month before the start of the term. If you apply after the deadline, you'll need to submit a new application for the correct term and pay a new application fee.