Long-Term Academic Coaching includes a series of at least 6, small group 50-minute sessions with a peer academic coach to help students achieve their academic goals within and beyond the classroom. Peer academic coaches are trained and certified through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
Areas of focus during a coaching appointment include the following academic success strategies:
- Online Class Success Strategies
- Individualized Learning Strategies
- Time Management and Goal Setting
- Memory and Concentration Strategies
- Notetaking and Selecting Main Ideas
- Motivation and Growth Mindset
- Test Preparation & Test Taking Strategies
Short-Term Academic Coaching consists of students submitting a request to meet with a peer academic coach 1-3 times to work on academic skills.
For more information, please contact Samer Alrayes, Retention Specialist for Academic Coaching:
Email – email@example.com
Phone – (509) 359-4658
Office – JFK Library Learning Commons, M32 (main floor)