The PI is responsible for initiating, approving, and monitoring all expenditures charged to the project index(es) to ensure accuracy and that all charges are allowable to the grant, allocable to the project, and reasonable to a prudent person.
The PI is responsible for routing all invoices, contracts, and p-card reconciliations to the Post-Award point of contact for a secondary approval.
EWU's Procurement and Contracts Office: https://inside.ewu.edu/procurement/
Pcard: Your College Financial Officer or departmental administrative support will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to have the project index(es) added to their PCard.
Connect with the procurement office for:
- Contracts for Service
- Purchase Requisitions
- Procurement Cards (p-cards)
- Meals and Light Refreshments
- Participant Gift Cards
The PI is responsible for ensuring that any travel charged to the index(es) is submitted through Concur and follows university procedures, as well as any additional Federal, State, and/or funding agency requirements.
EWU Travel Accounting Office: https://inside.ewu.edu/financialservices/office-of-controller/travel-accounting/
Tableau is EWU's data visualization platform. It can be used to track budgets and review charges to project index.
The PI is responsible for monitoring the project budget(s) and transactions for accuracy at least monthly.
Grant Office Report Library: https://tableau.ewu.edu/#/site/ewu/projects/21
Logging into Tableau for the first time (Yes, you'll need to call the helpdesk to get your Oracle password): https://support.ewu.edu/support/solutions/articles/10000059240
- Executive Dashboard: View a summary of all active external funding that your access allows you to view (primarily for administrators).
- FRIGITD Summary Inception to Date: View budgeted amounts and current remaining balances by expense type.
- On the tan ‘Select Grant ID’ box in the upper left, click the drop down
- Start typing your Grant ID (ex: G22000…)
- Check the box for your Grant ID
- Click ‘Apply’
- WageAndBenefit_SummaryData_FiscalMonitors: View wage and benefit summary data sorted by index, employee, or date range. Requires Banner HR permissions.
- Transactions – Single Fiscal Period: View individual transactions by month.
- Grant Proposals Funded-Not Funded-Pending: Status of all proposals in a given time frame (primarily for administrators)
The project PI should be set up with Banner Finance access to their index upon award. If you need access, contact Kristyl Riddle (email@example.com)
Banner is EWU's accounting system. Resources and guides are available from EWU's General Accounting Office: https://inside.ewu.edu/financialservices/office-of-controller/general-accounting/