VRC Staff is available via phone and email. Our building is still closed to the public. We will maintain regular business hours. Please refer to EWU Campus services and operations for the listing of buildings and services that are open with modified access, hours and operations list.
• VRC staff are taking in-person appointments as needed. Please contact VRC Office to schedule a meeting or call (509) 359-7040..
EWU VRC Updates:
• The special VA COVID rules in regards to Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) have been extended thru December 2021. (Passage of H.R.8337 - Continuing Appropriations Act, 2021 and Other Extensions Act) Post 9/11 GI Bill students who pursue resident courses converted to an online modality solely due to COVID will continue to receive the higher MHA rate for resident training. As a reminder EWU course sections 25/27/28 (state-supported) and sections 75/77 (non-state supported) have always been designated as online courses – so to receive the higher resident MHA rate at least ONE of your courses must be any other section number which reflect resident courses even if the resident course is taught via ZOOM you will receive the higher MHA rate.
• Teaching modality does not affect the monthly stipend for the following VA Education Benefit types: Chapter 30, Chapter 35, and Chapter 1606.
• Winter Quarter/Spring Semester Registration opens up on November 9th, 2020. Refer to the Academic Calendar to reference which day you will be able to register for classes.
• Each Quarter/Semester, Please follow the instructions at EWU VRC SCHEDULE SUBMISSION to submit the necessary documents to the VRC in order to have your VA Education Benefits processed by the VRC staff.
The Veterans Resource Center provides critical services and support to our service members, veterans and their families. The VRC assists with your transition from the military to higher education and back into civilian life as you learn to navigate the university system. We will support the unique recruitment, retention and educational needs of our students whose lives are connected to the military.
The Veterans Resource Center provides the following:
- Activities for veteran and military students and their families
- Public presentations and speakers
- Workshops for veteran and military student
- Faculty and staff training