VRC Staff is available via email and phone. As of June 1, 2020, EWU buildings are still closed to the public. We are working from our offices on campus, but they are restricted to visitors currently. We will maintain regular business hours through the summer term and break.
EWU VRC Updates:
• As of May 18, 2020: EWU VRC is ready to receive Summer and Fall Quarter/Semester schedules. We are working remote so please completely read and follow the instructions to help us process information accurately. Schedule Submission Directions Click Here
• As of May 5, 2020: EWU President Mary Cullinan and Provost David May outlined several key principles driving Eastern’s plans. They announced EWU's “online-first, maximum flexibility” model for instruction and campus operations this fall. You can read the message by going to this link: President's Message on Fall 2020 - May 5 and scroll down to messages.
• As of March 22, 2020: President Trump signed into law S. 3503, March 21, which will enable the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to continue providing the same level of education benefits to students having to take courses online due to the corona virus (COVID-19) outbreak. Veterans’ GI Bill benefits to continue during COVID-19 pandemic. Thanks to the law, GI Bill students will continue receiving the same monthly housing allowance payments they received for resident training until Dec. 21, 2020, or until the school resumes in-person classes.
Chapter 35 (DEA), Chapter 30 (Montgomery) and Chapter 1606 (Reserve) monthly stipend are not affected by this change in online delivery/modality. Chapter 31 Voc Rehab students will need to discuss MHA rates with their VOC Rehab counselor.
• As of March 20, 2020, President Cullinan put out a message stating it’s in the best interest of our students, faculty, and staff to suspend all face-to-face instruction for the remainder of the academic year. This includes all internships, labs and practica that require face-to-face contact. Students may still enroll for course credits if their work in these programs can be completed in a non-face-to-face format. Please reach out to your department chair or program director for further guidance. See EWU Coronavirus web site for more details
The Veterans Resource Center provides critical services and support to our service members, veterans and their families. The VRC assists with your transition from the military to higher education and back into civilian life as you learn to navigate the university system. We will support the unique recruitment, retention and educational needs of our students whose lives are connected to the military.
The Veterans Resource Center provides the following:
- GI Bill benefit information
- Admissions and financial aid counseling
- Targeted recruitment
- Academic and personal advising
- Liaison with disability support services
- Specialized tutoring
- Support for veterans' student club
- Activities for veteran and military students and their families
- Public presentations and speakers
- Workshops for veteran and military student
- Faculty and staff training