Emailing Tips & Templates
How a topic or conflict is introduced often has a major impact on how it is resolved. It is very important to be respectful when asking faculty for help. This applies to extensions, explanations, pre-approval of absences, etc.
Faculty are also great sources of advice and knowledge. You may want to reach out to faculty for career advice, to know when a specific course will be offered, to ask for a recommendation, or just to further discuss a topic from class. They are a wealth of knowledge!
When emailing remember to:
- Use a clear subject line.
- Send from your ewu.edu email.
- Use standard punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and grammar.
- Make sure you do your part in resolving the issue.
- Be aware of the tone of your writing, the wrong tone can send a bad message.