The Office of Community Engagement acts as a resource for faculty teaching or developing community-based education courses (e.g., service-learning, community-based research). Our goal is to deepen faculty practice in service-learning, community engaged scholarship and civic engagement.
The OCE supports faculty by:
- Providing course development consultation and support
- Developing community partnerships
- Providing logistical support for service-learning and community-based research courses
- Offering faculty workshops and ongoing training
- Connecting faculty to presentation and publication opportunities in the field of community-based scholarship and research