FALL 2023 Updates:
I want to continue receiving my benefits. What do I do?
In order to have your VA Education Benefits submitted to the VA by EWU, students must submit their class schedule to VRC Office. Follow the instructions at EWU VRC SCHEDULE SUBMISSION to submit your class schedule to EWU VRC Office.
Key Dates at EWU
Review Academic Calendar for Dates
May 25: Fall QTR Registration Open New Students
Aug 18: Last Day Summer QTR
Aug 21: Frist Day Fall SEMESTER
Aug 25: Last Day 100% refund/Tuition/Fees Due SEMESTER
Sep 4: Labor Day Observed (EWU Closed)
Sep 14: Fall QTR Tuition & Fees Available in EagleNET
Sep 15-22: Welcome Week
Sept 17: Fall QTR Financial Aid Disbursed
Sep 18: First Day Fall Online GRAD Accelerated Fall #1
Sep 20: First Day Fall QTR
Sep 22: Last day to add a waitlist
Sep 26: Last day for 100% refund and Tuition/Fees Due QTR
Oct 3: Last day to drop without a 'W' Grade
Oct 20: Last day for 50% refund
Oct 30: First Day Fall Online GRAD Accelerated Fall #2
Nov 6: Priority Registration for Winter QTR
Nov 10: Veteran Day Observed (EWU closed)
Nov 11: Veteran Day
Enrollment Verification POST 9/11® CH33
Enrollment verification is a new requirement for Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) students ONLY
WHAT IS MONTHLY ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION?
Requirement for Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) students to verify every month that you are still enrolled in the same courses that your school certified to VA. It’s not about verifying that you are attending classes, but whether your certified enrollment has changed.
Read more here: ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION CH33
Additional information can be viewed on VA website: Enrollment Verification - Education and Training (va.gov)
The EWU VRC will be closed the following days:
July 4, 2023 - Independence Day Observed EWU Closed
September 4, 2023 - Labor Day Observed EWU Closed
November 10, 2023 - Veterans Day Observed EWU Closed
November 23-24, 2023 - Thanksgiving Day Observed EWU Closed
December 25, 2023 - Christmas Day Observed EWU Closed
January 1, 2024 - New Year's Day Observed EWU Closed
In order to have your VA Education Benefits submitted to the VA by EWU students must submit their class schedule to VRC Office. Follow the directions at the link below to submit your schedule to the EWU VRC Office.
Are you a Veteran and your Post 9/11 GI Bill ® benefits run out or close to running out? Do you need additional benefits? VA has launched the Edith Nourse Rogers STEM Scholarship program for students training in high demand STEM fields. To read if you qualify and to apply, go to VA website below.
You can check your VA payment history by accessing the weblink on VA Website: https://www.va.gov/va-payment-history/
For CH30 (MGIB AD) or CH1606 (MGIB SR) you can check this via the WAVE website: https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
Once your payment is processed by VA, it will take a few more days to reach your banking institution.
VA Average Processing Times
Claims/Enrollment Certifications :
24 Days: First Time Applications
10 Days: Supplemental*
*A supplemental claim is a re-enrollment or
other change that impacts your benefit.
The Veterans Resource Center provides critical services and support to our service members, veterans and their families. The VRC assists with your transition from the military to higher education and back into civilian life as you learn to navigate the university system. We will support the unique recruitment, retention and educational needs of our students whose lives are connected to the military.
Changes to tuition and fee debt under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Under Section 1019of Public Law 116-315, the VA has changed how it will handle debts created due to course withdrawals, to include failing grades. Under the new law, tuition and fee debt for withdrawals after the 10th day reporting deadline will be billed back to Eastern Washington University. EWU will hold Chapter 33 students responsible for this debt.
- Additionally, EWU will be adopting a two-step certification process, certifying only credits prior to the 10th day deadline of any term. Tuition will be submitted only after the respective term’s 10th day deadline.
- For those who have other accepted financial aid and meet the eligibility criteria, FA will post to their account and pay first. VA payment will occur 2-3 weeks after second reporting to VA.
- Students are encouraged to plan their finances accordingly due to these new changes.
- Students are encouraged to carefully consider any potential debt impact before withdrawing from classes. Please contact us if you have any questions.