The Office of Information Security's mission is to protect EWU's computer networks and the information that flows over it. To fulfill this mission, our office provides a wide variety of services to the EWU community that help minimize the occurrence and risk of security incidents. We work closely with other higher education institutions, outside security organizations and researchers to keep informed of the latest information security trends.
What We Do
Our office performs the following functions:
- Risk assessments
- Vulnerability scans and penetration tests on our campus systems.
- Monitors our Intrusion Detection System and server/firewall logs.
- Intrusion/security incident response.
- Security Education & Awareness training
- Develop security policies and guidelines
Report an Incident
If you suspect a security breach has occurred:
- Preserve Evidence: Avoid making any updates or other modifications to software, data, or equipment suspected to be involved
- Report the Incident:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the IT Help Desk extension 2247, or 509-359-2247 from off campus
- Call the University’s CISO extension 4985, or 509-359-4985 from off campus
- Contact an IT Senior Leadership member or IT representative
Reporting Phishing Emails:
Please forward phishing emails to email@example.com. If possible, please include the full email headers with your report.
Reporting viruses, malware and other incidents: