Search & Apply for Jobs on Handshake
Handshake is EWU's online career management tool for Students and Alumni. If you are a current student and are registered for classes, an account has already been created for you.
- Go to the EWU Portal and click on Handshake or go to ewu.joinhandshake.com and log in with your @ewu.edu email and SSO password.
- Complete your profile to personalize your experience and get better results. Add your most recent education (EWU) including your major, at least one extracurricular activity, at least one experience entry, and at least one skill. To get started with your profile, click on the drop down under your name and select “My Profile”.
- SEARCH for jobs. Click on the "Jobs" tab at the top of the page and use the filters to narrow your results by location and/or show only "On-Campus" jobs. If you've been awarded Work Study, click on "On-Campus" in the filter, and then check the box for “Work Study”.
- UPLOAD any requested documents such as your resume, cover letter, and school schedule.
- APPLY for multiple positions.
If you are an incoming student and have not yet registered for classes, DO NOT create a new account. Your account will be available 1-2 business days after you register for classes. If you need access sooner, please contact the Career Center for assistance.
Your usage of Handshake implies your agreement to
these policies and Career Services practices.
- You MUST use your EWU email in Handshake to receive important messages from us and from potential employers. Contact the Help Desk, (509) 359-2247, if you are having trouble with your Eagles email.
- Need help with your resume? Review these online resources and/or make an appointment with the Career Center. Appointments can be made in Handshake under the "Career Center" drop-down menu.
- We recommend using multiple online resources, for your job search. If you aren't finding positions on Handshake that you qualify for, try other online sources such as Google and open your search to off-campus jobs.
- Visit the Handshake Support Center for helpful tutorials.
2 Minute Training Video: Job Search & Apply
2 Minute Training Video: Uploading a Document
Complete Your Hiring Paper Work
If you are hired for an On-Campus or Work Study job, you'll need to to complete your hiring paper work with the Student Employment office. To do so, bring your hiring documents and acceptable forms of identification and employment eligibility verification to the Student Employment office in Showalter Hall 300.
Job Posting Disclaimer
EWU Career Center and Student Employment do our very best to protect students from job scams on Handshake. However, we make no representations or guarantees about positions listed on Handshake. Eastern Washington University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students and alumni to research the integrity of the organizations to which they are applying. We advise you to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization or private party.
BEWARE of these common scams!
- Phishing - Applicant is directed to a false web site asking for personal or sensitive information. Scam companies steal the identity information.
- Check Cashing - Applicant is sent check, asked to cash it and wire funds to scam company. When the applicant's bank discovers the check is fake, the amount is subtracted from applicant's account.