Enrolling in Responsible Conduct of Research Training
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) provides subject-specific online courses in the responsible conduct of research. Completing the RCR course takes about 2 hours and fulfills the core or basic requirement for RCR training. CITI training must be completed prior to research beginning.
To access CITI training modules log on to enroll in the RCR course at https://about.citiprogram.org/en/series/responsible-conduct-of-research-rcr/
If new to CITI, click Register:
- Select EWU from the Participating Institutions drop down menu
- Create user name and password
- Select appropriate user group and course(s)
- Complete the course(s)
- When the course is completed, a copy of the certificate will be forwarded to the Office of Grant and Research Development. Print out a copy of the certificate for your records and provide a copy to the Principal Investigator or Project Director.
Training certificates are valid for three years.
The CITI program’s RCR training contains a series of content specific course designed modules. All individuals who are required to take RCR training must complete the following basic modules:
- Introduction to RCR
- Collaborative Research
- Conflicts of Interest
- Data Management
- Peer Review
- Research Misconduct
In addition, based on individual research projects, participants will choose the additional appropriate module(s):
- Research Involving Human Subjects
- Using Animals in Research
Additional Modules of interest are available but not required:
- Export Controls and National Security
- Research, Ethics and Society
- Environmental and Social Dimensions of Engineering Research
- Reproducibility of Research Results
- Communicating with the Public
- Presentation of Research Findings
RCR training DOES NOT satisfy other mandated training areas that are covered under certain regulatory requirements such as Conflict of Interest, Human Subjects Protections, Biosafety, or Animal Care and Use training.