Institute for Public Policy & Economic Analysis
About the Organization
The EWU Institute for Public Policy & Economic Analysis was created in 2002 to provide data and analysis about a variety of factors in the region that will be useful for businesses, communities and others as they plan for the future.
- Community-driven measures of "Where are we?" regarding issues such as health, education, transportation, etc.
- Presenting the change in information over time and across regions, cities, states, and national measurements.
- Ensuring that data is accurate, up-to-date and accessible in one place for policymakers, nonprofits, decisionmakers and other local stakeholders.
- Publishing research from EWU faculty on local, regional, national, and international subjects relevant to public policy and economy analysis.
- Creating economic impact statements and other research reports for local contractors.
- Delivering quarterly newsletters that provide in-depth analysis regarding our indicators in every community.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are involved and aware of the data that describes their communities.
- Helping students make sense of and use data in academic and professional contexts.
- Hosting events, brown bag sessions, and other sessions to help students, stakeholders, faculty, staff, and community members have a direct input in the process.
A Beacon for the Region
Although the Institute for Public Policy and Economic Analysis is a program within EWU's College of Business, it serves more than just the EWU community. The Institute has gathered the statistical data, written reports for, and conducted educational outreach in many communities across the Inland Northwest Region.