Are You Looking to Lead Underserved Health Care into The Future?
- AHEC Scholars is a nationally recognized certificate program that can set you apart.
- The program emphasizes a team-based approach to addressing health disparities.
- Coursework can be completed at no cost and complements your existing coursework.
- Experiences include a field trip to an urban underserved or rural health care setting.
- The two-year program culminates in a graduation networking event with potential employers.
- WWAMI AHEC Scholars will provide you with the agile skill set needed to lead health care transformation in rural and urban underserved environments.
About the WWAMI AHEC Scholars Program
- 2 year interprofessional program for healthcare profession students across Washington State and Idaho
- Open to healthcare profession students in a degree or certificate program
- 6 campus classes in one of 5 campus locations
- And/or asynchronous modules and online meetings with your cohort
- Community/experiential/clinical training
- Program administrated by the University of Washington’s Office of Rural Programs and the WWAMI AHEC Center
- Program begins September 2018!
This project is/was supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U77HP03022, for the WWAMI Area Health Education (WWAMI AHEC) Program Office and its five regional Centers in the total amount of $836,630 for the 2020-2021 fiscal year (with a 1:1 total match of $836,630 from non-federally funded governmental sources). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.