Please Note: The program is full for academic year 2020-21.
The Office for Diversity and Inclusion is pleased to announce the launch of a new program at Eastern Washington University, Inclusive Leadership.
In this program faculty, staff, and students will:
- develop the values and competencies of an effective and inclusive leader
- gain tools to overcome traditional stereotypes and roadblocks to obtaining leadership roles
- expand their networks and enhance their leadership skills by connecting with a variety of leaders who are trailblazers in their fields or organizations
- build relationships with other high potential future inclusive leaders
This program supports equity by highlighting the value of diversity in leadership. Our desired outcome is to foster stronger representation in our leadership on campus and in industry to better reflect the demographics of our faculty, staff and students.
- This program will run for 6 months during the academic year November through May in a cohort model that will develop relationships among program participants.
- This program will be open to the following:
- Faculty, Administrators, and Staff currently employed full-time
- Graduate students enrolled full-time
- Students in junior or senior status, currently enrolled full-time
- Typical fees associated with this program are a $50 nonrefundable participation fee as well as the cost of leadership books (typically less than $15 each). This year, due to a generous grant from U.S. Bank, all fees for the Inclusive Leadership program 2020-2021 are covered.
- With only thirty (30) openings, there will be a competitive application process, as well as a requirement for a letter of recommendation to participate in this program.
- Program participants will learn how to be an inclusive leader. Participants will explore the particular challenges faced by people of underrepresented identities in leadership roles, and work through strategies for overcoming them.
- Program participants will have required monthly readings, assignments, and/or activities to develop their leadership skills.
- Program participants will attend monthly meetings where they will network with peers, as well as current leaders and mentors from diverse identities and a variety of industry backgrounds. The monthly events may include guest speakers, workshops, and/or activities to expand their leadership skills.
- Due to COVID-19 and the restrictions placed on group activities, the meetings will be via Zoom.
- The meetings will take place on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (excluding December) on the following dates:
November 10, 2020, 5:15pm
January 12, 2021, 5:15pm
February 9, 2021, 5:15pm
March 9, 2021, 5:15pm
April 13, 2021, 5:15pm
May 11, 2021, 5:15pm
- This program is provided for personal professional development and is not considered part of a person’s job assignment. Participation is voluntary and not required or sponsored by the University, so attendance will not be considered work time. As this is not a work sponsored training, the University is not responsible to pay any fees or expenses associated with the program.
Applications should be sent to Kim Davis, Senior Director for Diversity and Inclusion, Showalter 114, Cheney, WA 99004, or by email to email@example.com by new deadline of Monday, November 30, 2020.
For questions or accommodations, please contact Kim Davis at (509) 359-6874 or firstname.lastname@example.org.