Governor Jay Inslee has mandated the following mask requirements.
Masks are required in indoor public spaces for everyone - whether they are vaccinated or not.
Masks are required for large outdoor events with 500 or more attendees, regardless of vaccination status. EWU will be following these guidelines as it prepares for in-person instruction and events this fall.
Masks are not required in the following situations:
- When outdoors. However, per mandate from Gov. Jay Inslee, facial coverings are required for large outdoor events with 500 or more attendees, regardless of vaccination status.
- While working indoors in areas not generally accessible to the public and when no customers, volunteers, visitors, or non-employees are present, but only if the worker is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- While working alone indoors.
- At a small gathering in a private residence.
- While actively playing or training for, coaching, or officiating indoor sports. This exception does not apply while the athlete, coach, or official is not actively engaged in the sporting, coaching, or officiating activity. Note: People using a fitness facility must wear a mask.
- While actively engaged in a performing arts performance, leading religious services, or engaged in similar activities. Faculty who are fully vaccinated may remove their masks to teach as long as they are actively teaching and maintain at least 6 feet of distance from the students.
- While swimming or engaged in other water sports or recreation.
- While engaged in the act of eating or drinking.
- While showering, bathing, or engaging in other personal hygiene or grooming activities that require the removal of the face covering.
More details about the mask mandate and exceptions may be found in the WA State Secretary of Health Order locate here.
Additional Questions or Concerns?
Students: please contact Counseling & Wellness Services at 509-359-4279 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty & Staff: please contact Risk Management at email@example.com
Questions or concerns about EWU's COVID protocols may also be submitted online at: https://inside.ewu.edu/rcp/risk-management/covid19_concerns/.