Youth Camp Application
Setting up a youth camp at EWU involves several university activities and requires strict adherence to EWU's policies. This webpage is designed to provide you with a guide/checklist to help you through the process in as straightforward a manner as possible.
Step 1: Review Requirements
All Youth Camps held at EWU must comply with university policies, standards, and processes.
Before you request a youth camp, you should understand these requirements, particularly EWU's policy on Youth Programs which includes many specific requirements for youth camps, such as:
- Camp Staff & Volunteer Screening & Training
- Camp Staff & Camper Ratios
- Care & Custody of Campers
- Safety, Security & Transportation
- Required Documentation
- Youth Camp Checklist & Quick Reference
- EWU Policy 204-09, Youth Programs
- EWU 2020 Summer Camp Guide
- EWU 2020 Internal Camp Release Form for Minors
- EWU 2020 Internal Camp Release Form for Adults
- EWU 2020 External Camp Release Form for Adults and Minors
- EWU Guideline for Interactions with Minors
- Camp Confirmation & Agreement Template
Step 2: Submit Camp Request
To begin the process for setting up your camp, simply complete the online camp request form through the Event Planning office.
After submitting your request, the Event Planning Office will follow up with you.
Step 3: Coordination and Follow Up
Timely coordination and follow up with the Event Planning Office is extremely important to the success of a youth camp. Coordinating housing, meals, classrooms, and recreational facilities that you want for your camp depends primarily on your consistent and timely coordination with the Event Planning Office.