All employees and students who are traveling internationally on EWU related programs or assignment are provided with comprehensive travel insurance and services through On Call International. The On Call package includes:
- 24/7 Global Assistance Services
- Emergency Transportation - Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- Emergency Medical Benefits
- Coronavirus Quarantine Coverage
- Trip Interruption / Travel Delay
- Personal Liability
- Loss of Personal Belongings
- Luggage Delay/Loss
The On Call coverage is provided to students who are studying abroad:
- as part of an EWU Faculty Led Study Abroad program, or
- under a third party travel provider that was coordinated/arranged through the EWU Global Studies office.
NOTE: On Call does NOT cover personal side trips. On Call will cover a related trip up to a maximum of 72 hours taken during and/or immediately after the coverage period for overnight stays outside Your Home Country or Your Host Country. If you want travel insurance for any personal travel outside of the covered trip, you may purchase it separately (see independent traveler insurance below).
Independent Traveler Insurance
Employees and students who are traveling internationally on their own are encouraged to obtain traveler's insurance.
At a minimum, travelers should obtain insurance that includes:
- Coronavirus Pandemic: Medical and Quarantine coverage for Covid-19
- Emergency Medical: If you do not have other health insurance, this coverage should be labeled as "Primary".
- Medical Evacuation & Repatriation
- 24 Hour Assistance Service
Other recommend coverages include:
- Trip Interruption
- Trip Cancellation
- Non-Medical Evacuation
- Travel Delay
- Baggage Delay / Loss
There are many companies that provide travel insurance. Here are some good sources for independent traveler insurance:
World Trips is a partner of On Call and they also offer independent traveler insurance.