EWU Students who are participating in an internship, practicum, clinical, field study, or similar activity may be required to purchase Professional Liability insurance.
For some student internships, insurance is specifically required by the business/organization providing the internship opportunity. For all other interns, EWU recommends that the student purchase the insurance.
Students may purchase their insurance coverage online through Touchnet.
To pay through Touchnet:
- Visit the Touchnet webpage for intern insurance at: https://secure.touchnet.net/C20347_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=25
- Add the Summer 2020 Student Internship/Practicum/Liability Insurance to your shopping Cart.
- Go to the Shopping Cart and click Checkout.
- Enter your name, Student ID (or Net ID), and email address, and then select your Major.
- Select “Continue”.
- Follow the screen instructions to complete your transaction.
- Email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Risk Manager will send you a Certificate of Insurance.
Students may also purchase their internship insurance in person at Student Financial Services in 202 Sutton Hall or at the EWU Student Support Center, Room 101, EWU Spokane.
It is the student's responsibility to make sure their premium is paid and their coverage is current.
The cost is $5.00 for Summer 2020.
When you complete the purchase, download your receipt and forward it to your instructor. If you need a Certificate of Insurance, forward your receipt to email@example.com and ask for a Certificate of Insurance.
Insurance Terms and Coverage Limits
Each student intern who is required to have insurance or who elects to have insurance must pay for their insurance coverage. To reduce insurance costs and increase efficiency and accountability, the University works with the Department of Enterprise Services to obtain blanket insurance policies.
The limits of liability under the master policy are:
$1 million per occurrence with a $3 million per school annual aggregate for non-medical student interns.
For medical internships, the limits of liability are:
$1 million per occurrence and $5 million aggregate.
Coverage is limited to the insurance policy terms, conditions and exclusions.