Black-owned and Black-operated businesses play a fundamental part in our economy. To help more Black entrepreneurs launch their businesses, we've partnered with BECU to launch the BECU Black Entrepreneur Opportunity Fellows Program. This unique program is an opportunity for our Black students to collaborate and grow their own businesses. Along the way, students will receive coaching and mentorship and participate in experiential learning, immersion activities, and important conferences.
BECU Fellows have the chance to receive $4,000 for participating in the program—money that can help you travel and build your own successful business.
We'll work with you to identify some of the barriers or struggles you face and remove them, paving the way for other students and future business leaders.
On-campus and off, we'll connect you with mentors, leaders, and other business-minded individuals that can help you grow and thrive.
Applications Open until February 28, 2023
Get Hands-On Experience
As part of the BECU Black Entrepreneurship Opportunity Program, you'll:
- Become an active member of the EWU Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (C-E-O) Club
- Prepare for the $40k StartUp Challenge
- Participate in the Global Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization Conference. This conference takes place at the end of October each year. Students spend three days interacting with other student entrepreneurs, hearing national and international keynote speakers, and attending numerous mentoring and special topic sessions
- Propose a fellowship project that would benefit Black students on campus and/or in the Spokane region with entrepreneurial opportunities
- Participate with other fellows in a group project that will address barriers faced by Black students in entrepreneurship
- Meet regularly with a faculty advisor
- Be enrolled at EWU
- Have either personal or academic experience with regards to the barriers to entry faced by Black entrepreneurs
- Graduate June 2024 or after
Important Dates & Deadlines
February 28, 2023 applications close, applicants can expect a response by March 2, 2023.
Curious to know more about the program or entrepreneurship in general? We'd love to stay connected! Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Meet Our Sponsor
BECU is one of the largest credit unions in the United States. BECU's generous financial support for this program allows us to offer travel, scholarship and funding opportunities for students.