Chapter 172-06 WAC
Last Update: 11/24/14
ORGANIZATION AND OPERATION
|172-06-020||Operations and procedures.|
|172-06-030||University rules library.|
(1) Eastern Washington University is established in Title 28B RCW as a public institution of higher education. The university’s central office is located at 214 Showalter Hall, Cheney, WA 99004-2496. Normal business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except state legal holidays. The university also has several satellite educational programs located throughout the state; however, the administration of satellite programs is carried out through the central office.
(2) The institution is governed by a board of trustees, appointed by the governor. The board consists of eight members. The board employs a president, who acts as the chief executive officer of the institution. The president establishes the structure of the administration.
(3) The university is organized into divisions, administered by vice presidents, including academic affairs, business and finance, student affairs, information technology, and university advancement. All vice presidents are directly responsible for operations within their divisions. The vice presidents directly report to the president of the university.
(4) The public may obtain information, make submittals or requests, and obtain copies of university decisions by contacting the university president’s staff located in the central office. Additional and detailed information concerning the university is available through the university’s web site at www.ewu.edu.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.35.120(12). WSR 14-24-032, § 172-06-010, filed 11/24/14, effective 12/25/14; WSR 13-24-118, § 172-06-010, filed 12/4/13, effective 1/4/14; WSR 92-09-099, § 172-06-010, filed 4/20/92, effective 5/21/92.]
Operations and procedures.
(1) University rules are promulgated in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act (APA), chapter 34.05 RCW and approved by the board of trustees.
(2) The university may promulgate internal policies that are not governed by the APA. Policies that are generally applicable to the university are approved by the board of trustees. Under special circumstances, interim policies may be adopted by the university president acting with authority delegated by the board of trustees. Units of the university may adopt policies that govern their area of responsibility. The university may consult with the academic senate and/or the associated students of Eastern Washington University when considering a change in policies or rules.
(3) Informal procedures regarding university operations typically include:
(a) Decisions made by persons authorized by board resolution, the president, vice president or any designee to make a decision within the scope of responsibility assigned to such person; or
(b) Methods of persuasion used by any person in an attempt to influence university decisions.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.35.120(12). WSR 14-24-032, § 172-06-020, filed 11/24/14, effective 12/25/14.]
University rules library.
The university maintains a repository of its WAC and university policies, which is open to the general public, at www.ewu.edu/policy. This repository includes current substantive rules of general applicability adopted as authorized by law, and statements of general policy or interpretations of general applicability formulated and adopted by the university. Historical amendments, revisions, and/or former provisions may be obtained through the university president’s office.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.35.120(12). WSR 14-24-032, § 172-06-030, filed 11/24/14, effective 12/25/14.]