EWU's Academic Advising Association
About the Organization
The Eastern Washington University Academic Advising Association (EWU ACADA) is the primary organized group of professional and faculty advisors and student support personnel at Eastern Washington University. Benefits of EWU ACADA membership include regular meetings with a common advising community, professional development opportunities, fresh perspectives, and networking. Anyone may attend EWU ACADA meetings, but only official members may vote in executive elections, make decisions about corporate bylaws, or serve on the EWU ACADA executive committee.
The Eastern Washington University Academic Advising Association (EWU ACADA) is the primary organized group of professional and faculty advisors and student support personnel at Eastern Washington University. The primary goals of the association are:
- To increase advising effectiveness at Eastern Washington University by strengthening communication on academic advising issues within the academic community and among professional advisors.
- To aid in the development of a greater understanding of the role of advising in student learning and to strengthen University-wide recognition of the significance of academic advising in the recruitment, retention, and academic success of Eastern Washington University students.
- To develop and promote multicultural awareness and competencies for advisors and other student support professionals.
- To develop relationships with external academic professionals.
- To provide a network of advisors and other academic and student affairs professionals that fosters a collaborative environment to ensure student success.
- To provide opportunities for professional development to academic advisors and student support personnel throughout the EWU campuses.