Contact us for more information and to learn how to apply
WHAT IS EWU EARLY HEAD START?
EWU Early Head Start is a year-round home-based program where enrolled families receive weekly visits from a Home-Visitor in the comforts of their own home. And it is FREE!!
The aim of Early Head Start is to help parents make a difference in the lives of their children.
EWU Early Head Start serves families throughout Ferry, Stevens and Pend Oreille counties (the Tri-Counties of Northeast Washington) and is for:
- Pregnant Women (who can enroll at any time during their pregnancy), and
- Families with Children from Birth to age 3
The Early Head Start Home-Visitor comes along side the family and offers supportive services such as current information on:
- The ways your child is growing and developing and what children like them will typically be doing next
- Activities you can do with your child that help them grow
- Health and Nutrition
- Resources available in your community
Those are just a few of the benefits families in Early Head Start receive!
About EWU Early Head Start
- EWU EHS serves a minimum of 116 low-income pregnant women, infants and toddlers through a home-based, year-round program option in the Tri-County area.
- EWU EHS is a $2 million per year federal grant
- 25 full time EWU staff members are emplyed by EWU EHS, approximately 70% live and work in the Tri-Counties plus additional part-time employees and subcontractors
- EWU has provided Early Head Start Services in the Tri-Counties since 1998.
- Based on the needs of each family, EWU EHS partners with parents and other community agencies to provide and coordinate a wide range of services.