Our building is now open to the public. We are taking in person visits, appointments and still conducting business via phone and email.
Our business hours are M-F, 8 AM - 5 PM.
Please refer to EWU Campus services and operations for the listing of buildings and services that are open with modified access, hours and operations list.
Please contact VRC Office to schedule a meeting or call (509) 359-7040.
EWU VRC Updates:
• Fall Quarter Registration is open. Send in your class schedule in order to use VA Education Benefits.
• Each Quarter/Semester, to use VA Education Benefits, follow the instructions at EWU VRC SCHEDULE SUBMISSION to submit your class schedule to EWU VRC in order to have your VA Education Benefits submitted to the VA by EWU.
• The special VA COVID rules in regards to Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) have been extended thru December 21, 2021. (Passage of H.R.8337) Post 9/11 GI Bill® students who pursue resident courses converted to an online modality solely due to COVID will continue to receive the higher MHA rate for resident training. As a reminder EWU course sections 25/27/28 (state-supported) and sections 75/77 (non-state supported) have always been designated as online courses – so to receive the higher resident MHA rate at least ONE of your courses must be any other section number which reflect resident courses even if the resident course is taught via ZOOM you will receive the higher MHA rate. This does not apply for Chapters 30, 35 and 1606. Chapter 31/VR&E need to consult with their counselor.
• Changes to tuition and fee debt under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Under Section 1019of Public Law 116-315, the VA has changed how it will handle debts created due to course withdrawals, to include failing grades. Under the new law, tuition and fee debt for withdrawals after the 10th day reporting deadline will be billed back to Eastern Washington University. EWU will hold Chapter 33 students responsible for this debt.
- Additionally, EWU will be adopting a two-step certification process, certifying only credits prior to the 10th day deadline of any term. Tuition will be submitted only after the respective term’s 10th day deadline.
- For those who have other accepted financial aid and meet the eligibility criteria, FA will post to their account and pay first. VA payment will occur 2-3 weeks after second reporting to VA.
- Students are encouraged to plan their finances accordingly due to these new changes.
- Students are encouraged to carefully consider any potential debt impact before withdrawing from classes. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The Veterans Resource Center provides critical services and support to our service members, veterans and their families. The VRC assists with your transition from the military to higher education and back into civilian life as you learn to navigate the university system. We will support the unique recruitment, retention and educational needs of our students whose lives are connected to the military.
The Veterans Resource Center provides the following:
- Activities for veteran and military students and their families
- Public presentations and speakers
- Workshops for veteran and military student
- Faculty and staff training