A new older-adult-focused academic event that involves faculty, students, and agencies will be held in conjunction with the EWU Student Research and Creative Works Symposium. Those from all academic disciplines across the university and community, including students at our community colleges are eligible to apply. Consider promoting this opportunity in your classrooms and through engagement with community agencies. Posters will automatically be entered into competition with other posters in the Symposium. Judges will award prizes for the best posters.
Community leaders, policy makers and government officials will also be invited to the Symposium. Guest speakers will present on issues facing older adults. The symposium is designed to spark conversations that stimulate the development of new services and improved policies for older adults in our community.
Sample topics for the Fair are:
- age-friendly communities
- health disparities
- a model for mental health service deliver in primary care
- supportive housing
- impact of communication disorders on quality of life
- medical treatment alternatives to medication
- modifications to the built environment
- interventions for dementia
- exercise and health
- transportation needs
- attacking ageism
- promising psycho-social interventions
- physical therapy for recovery from injury