The Office of Sustainability offers internships every quarter (including summer). This is a great option to consider if you are interested in expanding your knowledge about topics within the field of sustainability, earning credits, and making a direct impact at EWU. Internships are tailored to meet your interests in sustainability and schedule. Internships range in credit hours and can last for one or multiple quarters. To learn more about the internship process, check out the EWU Internship website. If you are interested in an internship with the Office of Sustainability contact Erik Budsberg at email@example.com.
The field of sustainability is quite broad, and therefore there is a wide range in topics for internships. Potential internship topics include:
- Waste management – Recycling, composting, plastic pollution, etc.
- Energy and energy management – Alternative energy projects, improvements in energy inefficiency, etc.
- Food systems – Environmental impacts of dietary choices, local food production, etc.
- Transportation – Alternative commuting opportunities
- Consumerism – Issues in product development, alternative product use (i.e. reusable bags/straws/cups), waste minimization strategies, etc.
- EWU Campus Garden – Learn how to grow food and support efforts to address food insecurity at EWU
- Greenhouse gas reduction strategies – Topics in carbon footprint reduction
- Education and Outreach – Promoting sustainability issues, digital content development, marketing and communications, etc.
- Grant support – Find and write grants to support sustainability initiatives
- Other ideas? This is a short list of options. Feel free to reach out to us if there are ideas you would like to address through an internship