EWU Swim Lesson Program
EWU SWIM LESSON PROGRAM
Lessons begin again in January. Session 20/21-4 starts on 1/4 for MW classes, 1/5 for TTH and 1/9 for Saturday. See the previous page for session dates and prices.
Covid-19 restrictions - To prevent person to person contact, only the upper levels may be offered during the current State restrictions. Students must be deep water competent to enroll; as all classes will be held in the diving tank with social distancing. Classes are limited to 6 students. Instructors are required to wear a mask and teach from the deck, unless doing a demonstration. During a demo, the students will watch from the deck socially distanced. Lessons students will enter the natatorium from the upper level and leave their belongings on an X marked on the bleachers in the balcony. Face coverings must be worn to the deck, and placed on a designated chair in the NW corner of the natatorium. They will exit the same way. Parents are not allowed on the pool deck, but may observe from the Xs on the bleachers or from the balcony rail as long as social distancing is maintained. Face coverings and social distancing will be strictly enforced and must be maintained at all times. If we don't adhere to the restrictions, we'll just be closed again. Please do your part!
New to the program? Use the form below to send in your information.
EWU Aquatic Center offers public swim lessons for all ages and abilities! Lessons are offered MW, TTH between the hours of 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM or on Saturdays between the hours of 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Classes run every 30 minutes. Group lessons cost $6.50 per lesson. Private lessons cost $22 and semi-privates are $27.50.
Have a Daycare, Homeschool Group, or Private School that you'd like to bring in at a different time? Please contact Aquatic Center Manager Greg Schmidt at email@example.com.
To register - Call the Aquatic Center and register via phone at 509-359-6923 or 509-359-4252. You can also register in person at 1155 Playfield Lane, Cheney, WA 99004. You can fill out the request form below to get your student's profile set up before submitting payment. Payment can be made over the phone with a credit card, or in person via check or credit card. Although in-person registration is still available, it is not recommended during the pandemic, to reduce exposure to the virus. Please avoid cash payments during the pandemic.
Group Lessons are structured as follows: Note above that only upper levels will be currently offered, to maintain social distancing.
- Parent Child classes are for water adjustment and ages 6 mos. - 3 years. Class limit is 4 students/parents.
- Preschool classes are for beginners through intermediate level swimmers and ages 3-5 years. Class limit is 4 students.
- Youth/School Age classes are all levels through advanced (YL6) and ages 6-12. Class limit is 6 students.
- Adult classes are for ages 13 and up. Class limit is 6 students.
- These age groups are guidelines, not strict rules. For example, a very advanced 5 year old can enroll in YL5, rather than PS3; or an early maturing 11 or 12 year old is welcome to enroll in adult classes. We want the students to be where they are most comfortable, and where their skills fit best.
- Private Lessons can be fit in where an instructor has no group class, or by arrangement with the instructor. Although a group lesson may at times be run with just 2 students, semi-privates have a limit of 2 students ($13.75/student).