Members of the committee attend meetings and provide insight and feedback for proposed travel. Committee members provide recommendations and are responsible for making critical decisions, which support the University mission.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The purpose of the University Group Travel Committee is to review and approve academic related group travel, which includes international travel, and any multiple day out of state travel. The Committee is responsible for determining and mitigating possible risks, and determining whether trips model the University’s mission and values.
- Develop a trip review process
- Review proposed trips - Should a trip be sponsored by the University?
- Conduct reviews of existing and past activities using same metrics and criteria
- Develop methods and update policy to streamline coordination of travel proposals
- Develop methods to inform the campus community (web, handouts, etc.)
- Two Associate Vice Presidents (AVP)
- One dean
- One executive director
- One compliance officer
- One deputy chief
- One fiscal specialist
- One vice provost
- One contracts specialist
- Six faculty rep
- One director
- One faculty coordinator
- One program administrator